system lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCents05

Daemon Poster
i need a program that i can use to lock my computer. so like if i wanna go away i just need to like right click on the small icon and say lock and it would lock the computer from anything. I know the windows screen saver does the same thing but thats pretty easy to get around. I need an inexpensive software that will help me lock my computer cause i dont want any of my relatives that visit like every weekend to use it while im gone.

Press Winkey+L, and if you've got a password you'll need it to log back on.

but that logs me out. so everything that i was running will be gone. I need it to be like windows screen saver but like on command instead of waiting for it

Create a Desktop Shortcut
You can also create a desktop shortcut that will lock your computer. First copy the following string:

%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation
Click in an empty space on the desktop with the right mouse button, and from the pop-up menu select New > Shortcut. In the Location of the item field, paste the string you copied above and click Next. Give the shortcut a name, such as Lock Computer and click Finish.

Double-clicking this shortcut will lock the computer. Type in your password to unlock it again.

NewCents05 said:
but that logs me out. so everything that i was running will be gone. I need it to be like windows screen saver but like on command instead of waiting for it

It doensn't log you out.. :(
Or at least not me..

-SkyHi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom