Bittorrent a good p2p or a spyware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psman

In Runtime
Hello
These days i started to hear a lot about bittorrent its said that its a good p2p... so i once install it on a computer (not mine) i just d-clicked its setup and TADA "setup succesfull" no options no start menu item no desktop icon it was wiered the only thing that happend is when i click a .torrent file a small program appears and start downloading... there is somthing else it tells me how much i would like upload speed to be but dont really ask about what i wana share???? i think its evil VERY evil if any one tried this before please let us hear what you think
Tanks

That's how BiTorrent works. It's a very light non-bloated application. It's not like most coventional P2P apps with a heavy GUI and bloated with features. You download a torrent file, BitTorrent opens it and depending on how many "seeders" have that file you will begin downloading from them. Also as you are downloading that file you will be uploading parts of that same file at the same time.

BitTorrent is designed to stop "leechers" from taking and never giving back. There are other applications that use the BitTorrent engine and allow you to restrict uploading to allow leeching. Search the forums or Google to find them. Personally I don't mind sharing what I'm downloading. But to answer your question, no BitTorrent is not spyware and you will see an entry in your add/remove programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom