Yet another monstrosity of a heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.
screw heatsinks. im just gonna get a mold of my components and make a waterproof solid copper cast for my comp, then submerge it in liquid nitrogen circulated by 2 pumps powered by hummer engines on full, with cooling tubes being full copper and going through a wind tunnel and a vaccumed out airlock just for good measure

Personally, i like it.

as someone mentioned above about fan placement.. i can see why thy put the fan on top though, becuase if it was underneath it wouldnt have enough room for sucktion power, on top it has nothing abstructing its airflow.

i never used a hsf that big, but if i did. id just do what someone mentioned above, fabricate a bracket to secure it to top of case. and id prolly fabricate a tube to go underneath and suck the hot air away.

On the subject of heavy heat sinks, that is even worse than most. Instead of having the weight concentrated near the board, it just hangs out in mid air. That thing probably has as much damage potential as something 50% heavier.

Yeah, I personally dont think I could trust that heatsink. I would have to go old school and get a case that sits under my monitor, too. I would be so paranoid of that thing snapping off.

I was planning on getting the Tower112 before I decided on watercooling because heatpipes are really, really efficent, but the weight issue really played in the back of my head and most reviews suggested rigging up an extra piece of support.

Yeah, thats not very reasonable. You shouldnt have to rig something up to hold up a heatsink, ust to keep it from breaking your board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom