Need to start overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't touched the RAM

Okay I'll try that, how long should I run prime for and at what point in the Ocing, every 0.1ghz step up?

you just need to run prime95 for +12 hours once you get to a point which you basically want to stop or know you can't go further.

Keep slowly bumping up the speed and everytime you run prime95 and it fails within 5 mins bump up the voltage and see if it'll pass 5 mins, if it does, but up the FSB another 5MHz and repeat the process.

For some reason I'm struggling to OC this time, I'm back at 2.4 but had to feed it 1.792volts!!! That's insane just to get to 2.4, anyone know why this is happening?

How do you raise the Vcore? I have no such option in bios. Now im at 1.28 on a p4 3000 and frequent restarts of the comp....

thanks

When I was unsure how to overclock and such, I just googled my motherboard and scanned a bunch of reviews. Most motherboard reviews have a overclocking section and screenies, that's how I learnt.

I think I've sorted my prob, well I'll test for stability later but I'm on 2.6!!! I had to lower the voltage but use the special vcore setting to boost it at 123%, apparently it's a prob with the newer batch of Winchesters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom