freeze problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1c3_808

In Runtime
what causes temporary freeze and stuttering in games??
is it my video card, processor, or ram?
the freezing and stuttering is sooo bad it freezes for 1-5 seconds
almost every 30 seconds to 3 minutes.
It might be my ram because i have two cheap value ram sticks.
a geil value ram and a cosiar value ram.

Usually that is signs of the system over heating. You have some type of temp monitor for your system?

i have a temp thing on my case and it reads a constant 80-85 degrees F. Didnt overclock either so i dont think its overheating.

I probably have to get more ram.
Should i get more higher quality ram to replace my value ram? or should i jus get another value ram and add more?

i dont' think it's the ram

try using one stick at a time and play and see what happens

I dont think its ram either.. you wont even see a performance difference by adding ram, what more ram will do is stablize your fps not increase it.

you didnt even explain everything yet... what game is it stuttering in? and on what settings? and does this happen with all your games or just 1?

and i wouldnt jump to 1 conclution just yet with a problem with many variables. a driver confict would prolly cause stuttering. a hardware prob could cause stuttering. and running your games on settings above witch your hardware can support will cause stuttering.

if you dont have a temp monitoring program installed, you might wont to try one like 'Motherbourd monitor 5'. also just check and see what your CPU tem is in Bios b4 you bootup.

EDIT: and just incase, make shur its not somehting simple like forgetting to plug the extra molex power connector into your 6600gt

Okay in this case this is usually due to the graphics card overheating, has been everytime I experince this.

You guys are too quick to point the finger at value ram, were not trying to scapegoat something here, were trying to help him.

What kind of games and what kind of graphics card do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom