9800Pro vs 6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, I've had bad experiances with mail in rebates. And like i said, 25 can mean alot when 140 was my price range to begin with. I may look into ebay, ive seen quite a few sold for around 145, just missed one i was watching and missed the end 5 mins to late, $144.95 for the XFX 6600gt with teh second batch of cards that had the better cooling and such.

ok :)
totally up to you, i just din't want you to be kicking your self later. i'd suggest a chaintech rather than ebay though. i don't get the rebate thing, especially with newegg stuff, i just halfed the cost of 54mb dlink system a month ago with rebates, saved like $100 or something, and i just think eVGAs a really reliable company. i can also see where ur coming from though, first you wanted to spend 140, were convinced to 160 and dont wanna be spending 184 for 2 weeks until rebate kicks in.
but watever you do, just go and kickass in games :p (def. would reccomend hl2 when u can, just for cs:s if you get anything > than a 9600)

ermm ummm *cough*newegg!*cough*
actually i think the xfx are decent. check www.tomshardware.com tho, they had a review on GTs some time ago.
just be careful who u buy from on ebay tho, sometimes you'll get a lemon.

Well as far as ebay goes I usually get quite a few things from ebay, as long as its an ebay store, not just some guy, which in this case its an Ebay store selling it.

not an actual lemon desiboi, just a bad piece of hardware. i guess stores can be ok. imho, yes the evga outpreforms everyone else, but toms had the benchmarks somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom