9800Pro vs 6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahhhwhereditgo

Baseband Member
Well just want to know if anyone has experiance or knows which out perfoms what. The Radoen 9800Pro or the Geforce 6600 Standard, not GT.

I have about 140 to spend on a video card and first the 9600XT caught my eye but after looking further i found 9800Pro and the 6600 regular in my pricerange, so which would be better for me to upgrade from my very aging 8500.

I think the 9800pro edges out the 6600, and is very overclockable.

However for just 180$, you can get the 6600GT which is almost doubble the peformance of the 6600

there's no point in getting any of them

the 9800 is severely outdated and the 6600 isn't worth the price

I know it's irritating when people respond with "don't go for any of those! Spend more money and get this, it's better!".

But, unfortunately, in this case, it's true :).. For an extra $40 bucks, you really owe it to yourself to get the 6600 GT :)

Yea i was considering it, for 165 with shipping, i found a GT at newegg. I dont need something something crazy like the 6800, and the difference in price is pretty big. Like I said now I run all but Dark Age of Camelot flawlessly, I dont play any games like HL2 of Doom3, althought i might start after. And thats with a 8500LE, lol, so I figured anything would be a huge jump, but yea, for in this case 20 or so dollars i could get a card that will last me alittle while.

Whats the difference besides the 100mhz clock which I can overclock to help? Its a difference of laying out 190ish vs 165, 25 is alot considering i was only thinking about getting one for 140ish.

the eVGAs are just designed way better, they can OC way better than any card and have better stock cooling. plus, like i said, its the same price (actually 99c cheaper) but you just have to send in a rebate, which isn't too hard :p unless you crucially need the $25 for pizza money. i think most ppl here would agree its worth the 2 week wait :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom