Future hardware releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, as was just stated by Nubius in the Doom3 "Ultra" quality thread, you don't NEED a 512mb card to play at ultra.

yeh he said you dont "NEED" one. however if your had one the performance would be higher.

But, back to the topic, does anyone know any specifics on the new GPU's to come out this year? Date? Names? Specs?

nvidia already made their 6800Ultra 512mb and ATI just released their x800xl 512mb. i saw a review of the ati one and it said that because of the gpu, it couldnt use the 512mb of ram efficiently and only giving like 5fps performance boost when on high resolution and high AA and AF

Keep your RAM and your 6600 GT. You're comp's really good right now, even if it is still intel; dunno why you're upgrading.

Future stuff coming out that you wanna look for:

FX-57 San Diego Core
nVidia G70 Core
ATI r520 Core

Yeah, I basically want to upgrade to 64bit and since I'll need a new mobo anyway, I was thinking SLI.

Umk, SLI gives you minimal preformance gains with maximum price gains; it's only for pplz w/ deep pockets. 2x 6600 GT will not preform as well as 1x 6800 GT; and it has compatiablity issues. SLI doesn't preform as well as it should.

Second of all, as much i'm pleased that you're upgrading AMD, I'd like to caution you against upgrade such a recent system. Many of the best upgrades are yet to come; upgrading such a recent system that's still worth a lot is such a shame... perhaps you'd like to upgrade later?...

One the plus side, if you upgrade now, you can take advantage of your old parts being fairly recent (i.e the 6600 GT and the 1024 RAM)

Well, since I'll need a new mobo anyway, might as well get SLI even if I do just run one 6800GT. Can't go wrong, can I? The DFI LAN party SLI board is only like $180.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom