Best Memory to OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, I wouldn't trust RAM reviews at newegg too much honestly. 328 is possible but it takes quite a bit of know how and beyond that 2.8v is way too little even for Samsung TCCD's on BrainpowerPCB

OCZ is selling DDR635 RAM now I believe lol, that's 317 right out of the box and that's at 3-4-4-10 timings with a decent amount of voltage because it's meant specifically for the DFI Nf4 board.

Likes been said.

G.Skill LAs (most expensive)

OCZPlatinum Rev 2s (second I believe)

Patriot XBLs (least I believe)

They are all samsung TCCD on BrainpowerPCB so chances are they will all hit atleast 275MHz....I know the patriots are guaranteed from the manufacturer to hit 266MHz, at 3-4-4-8 timings, but I know they can hit tighter, the manufacturer simply uses those really loose timings to 100% ensure it'll run.

Nubius said:
Meh, I wouldn't trust RAM reviews at newegg too much honestly. 328 is possible but it takes quite a bit of know how and beyond that 2.8v is way too little even for Samsung TCCD's on BrainpowerPCB

OCZ is selling DDR635 RAM now I believe lol, that's 317 right out of the box and that's at 3-4-4-10 timings with a decent amount of voltage because it's meant specifically for the DFI Nf4 board.

That is ridiculously fast... I wnt it. found the memory over at monarch for 3 bills. I think I'm actually going to go wih that. That could be the coolest thing ever.

Him said:
Sh0r_ty, what is your cooling like?

sryy don't get a chance to go online often. my cooling is stock with a cheap case that has 1X120 mm and 1X80mm

btw i flashed the bios and i can now get 2.6 easy again hope no perminant damage done as i only tried it at 1.65 volts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom