Baseband Member
Hey Dudes i just built a system specs below

Intel Celeron D 2.66ghz
512MB DDR 333
256MB DDR 400
Asrock P4s61 motherboard
80GIG hardrive
Liteon DVD ROM drive

ive tried overclocking the Proccessor from FSB133 to FSB 140 It Would Get into windows and just restart i read the overclocking guide but im intel user the celeron d was suppose to be able to OC To 3.8ghz i just need help overclocking the little sucker

The only way for over clocking on that board since you have a celeron is to just set the CPU host frequency to manual and just bumb it up a little at a time,Try to boot into window's and if you can then go back and bump it some more,Asrock has some thing called the hybrid booster that's supossed to adjust every thing atoumatically when you up your multiplier i think?:confused:,The only thing is when you go to high and it reboot's on you it reset's the bios setting's back to normal,That is defenitly not a over clocking board but if you do it a little at a time you should be able to do it alright,I have my celeron 2.4 running @ 2.73Ghz no broblem's with this board and somtime ago i had it running @ 3.0Ghz,It might not like that you are running 2 different speed's of ram,Try taking out 256mb stick and see if it make's a difference,And i highly doubt you will ever get it up to 3.8Ghz.

the board can handle 800 mhz fsb, and the Cely D only has 533 mhz, it has plenty of room for the OC

diabloII said:
1.) you have a bad mobo (asrock)

Asrock's are not that bad of board's,True they are not top of the line but if you need a good reliable basic board look no further,I've had mine for a year and have had no prob's with it,The place i get all my stuff from have barely had any return's out of all the asrock's they have sold compared to other brand's.

Besides the fact that "ASS"rock arent good for OC, your dealing with a celeron. Along with commercial RAM. You wont be able to hit 3.8ghz dude. The first problem is, you have no cooling system. Once you hit around a 300mhz increase on stock cooling. You will have big heat issues. I have 5 120mm fans with 125-CFM, plus an after-market heatsink, with a vantec tornado. 2 of those high out-put fans are on my removable side panel. Directly blowing cool air onto my board. Its pretty much as good as air cooling can get. For the fact i have great fans, positioned in just the right places. Theirs not VERY much i can upgrade air cooling wise.

My cooling system will hold out to around a 600mhz increase. Yes i do have a clawhammer, but with my cooling im still well below any type of cool processor. The point is stock cooling is very limited. Along with advanced air systems. So its just not OC and go.

But the biggest problem here is the RAM. Your RAM cant handle very high OC. You need special OC RAM, not just to OC stabley, but to even expect to hit 3.8ghz. Also celerons are built to run applications at a slow rate, so its lag free. Its just the way celerons process data. So theirs no changing that. You also have to understand voltage control. To much or to little wont be stable.

Theirs alot of things you need to REALLY OC. Without special components, its impossible to receive a generous OC.

I got my 2.4 GHz Celeron D to 3.38 GHz on stock cooling with no real heat issue's. Don't think you'll be able to get 3.8 GHz with the 2.66, and that RAM tho. The 256MB ddr400 won't limit you, since it's already underclocked, but the 512MB ddr333 will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom