what if i were to....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveGTA

In Runtime
for example, what if i were to raise the FSB on my 3200+ Winchester to 1000MHz from the stock 200 and lower the multiplier to X2 from the stock x10. would this work?

you can on my mobo. ive done it before but only to 9X and i had the FSB set to like 240 or something like that. i just dont know if its safe to go to 1000 lol

umm...that actually made me laugh:D

first, you can't raise the multiplier on an AMD64

second, the fsb ranges from 200 to 400 mhz

with your memory, you can probably achieve like 250-270mhz max, which means 250-270fsb, your memory can't handle 1000mhz (ddr2000, or pc16000 from the stock ddr400/pc3200)

The multiplier on any CPU can be lowered, there are only restrictions on increasing it past what it was set at originally. I wouldn't see why you couldn't do this if your motherboard supports that high of a HTT (but I really don't think it does), plus you'd have to lower your HTT multi down to 1.

I'm wondering why you want to do this anyways, you'd have to use memory dividers as well.

i was just wondering if i could possibly do this and i know i would have to adjust my memory settings. right now i think i have them adjusted to to 166/200 (does that sound right). my FSB is set at 250 and i THINK my FSB can go to 100 but i guess not. i never really checked that lol.

another question is how high should i set my memory and about how much voltage should i give it. right now its at about 207.5MHz and it has 3.00V.

well 200mhz is stock, so 207.5mhz is nothing (my value ram can reach 210mhz on stock voltage!)

3V is way too high for 207.5mhz, so i suggest you to lower it 2.7V

can your memory even support 3V? i know they are decent sticks of memory, but i'm not sure if they can handle 3V

Memory can handle pretty high voltage before it gets to a dangerous point, better to give it too much than too little. The general rule I like to follow when increasing memory speed is to loosen the timings to something like 3.5-3-3-7 and up the DIMM voltage to around 3.1v or 3.2v and then string the memory right along with the FSB speed.

The Platinums are all right, I would think you should be able to hit 250MHz with a 1:1 ratio before you start running into problems, just remember to lower your HTT multi down to 4 if you do that.

my system cant run at 2.5GHz enless i higher the dram voltage to 3.0? it runs stable in prime95(it ran for an hour so far) but i just wanna know if this is bad for the system? on CPU-Z it says that my ram is running at like 208 but my FSB is at 250. this is because of my divider that makes it go at about 83% of the FSB. should i be able to lower the divider to make it run at about 90% FSB and keep the voltage? what should i do lol

I can't tell you exactly what to do without knowing the exact specifics of the situation which I can't without actually being there. For best performance, it's best to leave the HTT/RAM ratio at 1:1, and loosen timings and raise vcore and DIMM voltage accordingly to compensate instability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom