vid cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep them that low because of heat. My systems having some trouble, so I downclocked the video card (Its not my vidoe cards problem, its just bad case ventilation).

Also, it seems my processor is lagging, because when I DO crank up the settings, it shudders every minute or so.

And I juts kept it on the settings HL2 set for me.

6600gt evga of course and i get a good 75 to 100 fps on doom 3 at medium to hight settings. Unreal 2 i get over 150. RS3:RS 75 cause thats all u can max out in that game its kinda old. Gotta check bf and bf vietnam. Great card go buy it

6800 has 12 pipes, so its prolly a better performer. and i dont know, maybe u can unlock the other 4 on tthe 6800.

ah, well i think im gonna go with the evga 6600gt :) anybody have any advice regarding AGP vs PCI-e?

On some cards, the pipelines that are not in use can be unlocked. From what I hear, its not fun, and it only works on some.

And PCI-e slots are more 'future proof,' the cards arn't. Most PCI-e cards enjoy a 5-10% increase in ability. Future cards designed to take advantage of the bus structure should be around soon though.

Get a PCI-e. The cards are cheaper for them, and make up for the more expensive boards. The boards are also much better for PCI-e (Chipset wise).

ok im confused, what's the difference between the eVGA one and the Leadtek one? what do companies do different and what's the best one for the 6600GT? Is it usualy the more expensive one is better?

Not necessarily. They are generally the same price (give or take a few bucks). eVGA has a better reputation for delivering high quality vid cards. However, leadtek is still a good option. it has a better heatsink. i personally would go with evga, but u wont be disappointed by either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom