Raid-0 reconfiguration

Status
Not open for further replies.

hk_lamborghini

Beta member
Hi All,

I have a RAID 0 configuration for my 2 SATA HDDs on Intel D915PBL motherboard (on board RAID feature). Recently there is some problem with my PC so that I need to disconnect my HDDs and send my PC for maintenance.

If my PC is return from repairing, should I only reconnect the 2 HDDs on the motherboard and redo the RAID configuration again for discovering my data inside? I afraid the data loss happened... :(

Please advise. Many Thanks ;) !!

I dont think any data loss occured just because you unplugged your hdd's. What happened to your PC? HDD Related?

Plug the drives back in and rebuild your raid. Shouldnt be too difficult.

No, there will be no need to reconfigure the drives if you already have the drives configured in RAID 0. One of the good things about SATA is that they are HOT SWAPPABLE. Once you put them back in your BIOS and your RAID controllers & Drivers will recongize them and all will be fine.

By the way. Why do you need to remove them to get your PC fixed? What's wrong with it?

actually I forgot the error message before... but something like "page memory execute in non-page.....", a blue screen with white text windows protection error.

I buy my PC half year before but no problem. Last 2 months I experienced several "page error message" in a week. This happened when I operate the Windows, or reinstalling the Windows XP! However no occur again aftere few days.

Last week my PC suddenly cannot boot up, power light is on but nothing display on screen, no light on keyboard (Num Lock) and optical mouse. Then I disconnect my HDD before sending my PC to service center because of my sensitive data.

The technical person asked if I use some partitioning tools to make partitioning and dual boot. Yes, I use "Partition Magic". He said the better way to make partition is using the Windows XP setup screen. Actually I don't know if it is the problem of Partition Magic, but anyway I delete all of my partition (already backup my data) and restructure it during Windows XP setup.

Any ideas? Thanks for yours help !! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom