Window XP Sp2 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert85

Beta member
I just got a new dell Inspiron and it has Windows SP2 pre-installed on it. I was just wondering if I could get SP1 on my computer or am i stuck with SP2.

Take a look at the recovery disc that came with the notebook. Does it say Windows XP Home w/ SP1 on it? If so, recover. If it doesn't it either comes SP2 ready or just plain OS without Service Pack (doubt it).

i dont think microsoft support less than sp2 now - so you wont be able to update.

why would you want to loose sp2?

You have have to completely reformat the hard disk because you can't take an XP with SP2 CD and install just XP. You can remove SP2 from the operating system, however, you have to uninstall it literally one piece at a time. Its the only way to get it done. SP2 is basically an overkill security package. It does fill alot of security loopholes, adds a firewall, and more user accessiblity options, its still too much for a lot of people, and uses up more memory. I personally dont want to use it, but I dont have a choice either. Google it and research which parts you need to delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom