why am I scoring so low on 3d 05?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah sorry, i didnt have the time yesterday. Ive run the test a couple of times and got the same score so its no mistake, here it is.

Attachments

• untitled2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 49
It's no 5950 like originally said, but it still seems too high considering your system, and there your CPU isn't overclocked, is sitting at 2.4GHzso says 3dmark05, your graphics card really isn't overclocked (of course theres the minimal BFG overclock)

Sooo basically we're looking at a 2.4GHz Intel with I'm assuming a 100 or 133FSB because I believe my friend has that same one, 1gb of RAM that's not overclocked, and is bottlenecking the system with a slight OC on the GT, beating out systems with an FX-55 and 6800Ultra......

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah

Find that very hard to believe.

Most GT's hit 4800 or so even on a badass system since 3dmark05 is mainly GPU based, yet somehow your 370/1000 timed GT is beating out ridiculous systems and Ultras......

What does anyone else think?

Idiotec got the same as yours with his 6800GT OC'd Beyond Ultra speeds, a more powerful processor by what...1.1GHz or so and probably has his RAM running 1:1 unlike you and you managed to tie/beat his score?

hmmmmmmmmmmm

its not the 5950 i originally said, i guess i got that one wrong, it was a while back when i ran it, but im not complaining if my system is edging out or equalling ultra speeds. Guess im doin something right. My system does run extremely cool, but i wouldnt think that would have an impact.

My cpu is operating at 2.6 and not the 2.4 that the result is depicting.

Well, I don't know. You can't see the settings in that pick as far as what the GPU is set at. Are you saying this is with no OC? Can you post the compare link? It's a good score, so good for you, but I am also confused as that is almost 1000 points higher than any other stock 6800GT I have seen. It would seem about right if it was set at 435/1200 or something.

its just the factory clock speed on the GPU 370/1000. I got my friend to run it as well, he has the leadtek 6800gt with basically the same specs as me but he has prescott 3.0 cpu, yet i am scoring higher than him, im not sure why this is.

Weird shyte like that just doesn't happen for no reason.

Like idiotec said, you're getting 1k above a normal GT, and that minimal BFG OC aint doing that.....not to even again mention the fact that idiotecs computer is more powerful than yours and he scores almost the same.

Somewhere in there, is a load of BS, it's pluggin my nostrils and I dun like it! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom