WOW! This owns all... I'm freakin' deaf now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todd0 said:
i never said the logitechs were bad either, i reckon they go off for what they are, i just hate the way they do all the power ratings and stuff, but i guess all the real crap companies do it so if ligitech rated their stuff truely, it would be hard for them to sell.

Idiotec, i like the way my Harmon sounds, it was alot better then the other amps i could have gotten.

What do u have as ur setup?
Well, shit, now I feel like a ****. I actually had the AVR65, and was very unhappy. The newer lines might be much better.

I have:

Preamp: Rotel RSP-1068
Amp: Rotel RMB-1075
Mains: Paradigm Signature S4's

I actually just upgraded all this stuff. I haven't gone surround in the main room yet. I am planning on breaking down and doing it. I listen to way more music than I do movies, so I am more into stereo than surround. But since I don't have a deticated HT room, I have to combine the two. That is why I got the surround processor and amp.

I have been very happy with the Rotel products. I have had Paradigms for am while and they always kick ass.

does everyone but me build their own sound system. I just buy like the brand package thing. I dont take individual things and put them together.

My speakers are the Gateway 5.1's with

-400 watts RMS of power
-A category-leading 116 decibels
-Fully adjustable stands
-Sleek industrial design

These are ANALOG speakers hooked up to an Audigy 2 ZS sound card. I was blown away by the sound, I think this sub is a 15".

What are decibles?

How much better are digital speakers than analog?

Can't you only play DVD audio digitally? Or can games & MP3's play digitally also?

I haven't heard either the Logitechs nor the Klipches, but it does seem the Logitechs are the front runner for the best speakers.

I don't give a crap what teh Wattage ratings are for my Z-5500's. It ain't about the numbers, it's about their performance.

Their amazing. If you heard them in action, you'd see what mean.

I didn't get them for any other reason then (Reading a TON of reputable reviews that highly recommended them) I always do a lot of reseacch before purchasing everything.

This one, payed off...

yea, wattage doesn't really matter

btw, havoc, what's the max you've pushed those corsair ram you got (fsb)

Todd0 said:
lol, no. what i have has real power ratings, Logitech comes up with some ridiculous ways to get their power ratings
like:
power rating of every single speaker in the system + power output of the tiny little amp then multiply it by 5

im pretty sure thats how they get it, lol. that system wouldnt take a real 400watts, nor would it be able to put out 400 watts

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner.

That's the most valid way I have heard them come up with their power ratings so far

EDIT: Wattage doesnt matter and is BS as stated for logitech speakers. But their loud enough to drive the FutureShop people crazy :)

And as I said before, db is the measure of loudness.

idiotec said:
I'm like totaly serious ;)
But yes, HK suck ass. They do have true power ratings, I'll give them that, but the sound just sucks. Try Rotel or Lexicon if you want something that sounds good.

I am not trying to say Logitech is audiofile shit either, but this is for a computer, not a home theater. For a computer it is great. For my home theater, I go a lot higher end than HK lol....

http://www.lexiconpro.com/

Top left corner, yes your lexicon is owned by the suck ass HK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom