Recovering Pc To Original State

Status
Not open for further replies.

sting2kx

Beta member
ok my dad accidentally erased out harddrive with everything like programs, pictures, videos, etc. while he was trying to re-format the computer. Is there a way to get the computer back to its original state before the ERASED HARD DRIVE? is there a way i can just recover my whole computer to its original state?

Reformatting the PC will do just that, remove all programs, pictures, videos etc. As far as recovering those files after a reformat I'm afraid you lost those files for good. You could try sending the disk to a data recovery business but they will charge an outrageous amount of money and your not guaranteed anything.

If he was successful at reformatting your hard drive then I'm afraid so. In the future I would suggest backing up all your important data to disc and asking your father to first let you know if he plans on another format so you can save anything of importance.

Yes I agree the data is what I would consider gone. Unless you have deeds to houses worth 25 million dollars its usually best to suck it up and try and restore from backups that someone hopefully has on CD's or something. If you send it out for data recovery be prepared to pay $$$.

Data recovery services target large corporations that are willing to fork over major cash! Only way I'd send my hard drive to one of those companies was if I had a death will with me being the beneficiary of millions of dollars. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom