this is my config
is the triangle signal for positive???
i dun know wat wrong in my config
this is from the user manual
ScreenShot004.bmp

and from the mother board
HD LED: +1-3
POWER LED:+2-4
RESET SW: 5-7+ ( i cant get it, but i jss guess it would be -5+7)
POWER SW:+6-8

Him - i dont understand why you think that if a switch is wired backward, it would cause the computer to auto start after shutdown??
i have never had a prob with the switch but i highly doubt that would cause it. U can wire the switch backward and it shouldnt make a difference. i havnt done this, but if you think otherwise, i will wire my switch backward and test this when i have spair time.
-----------------------------------------------------

i may be rong, but i dont think any of those connection would cause a problem even if thy were wired backwards. test this by diconnecting all your case LED's and power switch, then just use a screw driver or something and touch it between You power switch pins, then shut down the computer normallly and see if the problem still occurs.

if you have another PSU you can test inplace of it, i would also give that a shot if avalible.

and Did you properly mount your motherbourd in the case so its not going to short to ground or anything like that?

a short is a connection between any 2 points on an electircal circuit that shouldnt be connected.

so for example - you see all those pins on the bottom of your motherbourd... if any 2 of those pins touches the case at the same time would mean thy have shorted. or if just 1 pin that is not (-ground) touches the case, mean that pin has been shorted, because the Case is (-)ground.
--------------------------------

did you disconnect all the wires going to jumpers (J9J1), and just use a screw driver or soemthing to start your computer, and then shut it down to see if it restarts?

EDIT: thats another example.... using a screw driver to start the pc is just shorting pins 6-8.. a switch itself basically just shorts pins. its just pins that shouldnt be shorted that cause problems.

remember to just touch the screw driver to them momenarily to start it. holding the screwdriver on the pins is the same as holding the powerswitch down for 5 seconds to shut off power.

EDIT2: and be carfull, make shur you only short those 2 pins.

i think i have solved the problem
that is my power button
when i use dat to start my pc
den use dat to shut down my pc
i hold the power button for 10 secs
then
release it
my pc doesnt automatic turns on like before
i jss guess
but i still need some suggestion

Him said:
Thats common knowledge, that when you have one of those two connectors in backwards (or both) your computer will shut down and then start right back up.
Never had that as problem with that is all 8 years of working in the computer industry.

anthegreat said:
wat is power short?

Some thing is completing the curcuit when you don't want it too. It's the same sort of thing when people try to hotwire cars in movies.

jolancer said:
if you have another PSU you can test inplace of it, i would also give that a shot if avalible.
Rather common that. Especially with some of those Yumchar brands of PSUs.

jolancer said:
and Did you properly mount your motherbourd in the case so its not going to short to ground or anything like that?
Common enough problem there too. Make sure you do not have any foreign objects (like screws) causing the + and - end of your pin together.

So I would get give your computer a slight shake to see if you have any thing moving around in there (like a screw).
It's might be that a screw has gotten in behind the mother board and managed to get inself stuck behing the + and - pins for your power switch.

anthegreat said:
i think i have solved the problem
that is my power button
when i use dat to start my pc
den use dat to shut down my pc
i hold the power button for 10 secs
then
release it
my pc doesnt automatic turns on like before
i jss guess
but i still need some suggestion

dumb question, if this computer on a network?
Have you made sure your wake on lan in not turned on.

Have you made sure your wake on lan in not turned on.
i dun get u,mannnnnnnnnnn
but my pc still automatic turns on after i shut down my pc
dats sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom