HDD Help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdelia

Beta member
Windows XP was starting to get unstable, so I backed up to second HDD and used boot disk to format c: drive so I could reinstall.

When I was in comand promt the system must have changed my drive letters. I did a quick format (Format c: /q). I was shocked to see that the size of the drive I just formatted was 30 GB and not 120 GB which was the size of my c: drive. I formatted the drive I backed up to.

I imediatelly removed the drive from the hardware config so I wouldn't accidentally write to it.

I know a full format is unrecoverable, but is there a way to recover from a quick format? I was under the impression that the drive will store 2 MBRs. is there a way to recover the 2 MBR and gain my data back?

I am really in a bind. I am a photographer and had a couple of important shoots on that drive that I hadn't hard copied to disk yet. Please Help...

Thank you.

did you try bringing it to some compute shop wher you live. i know some places offer this service.

How important is the data. $300-700 worth. If so there are data recovery compaines that can recover your data, they can even pull the platters out and spin them on damaged drives. I can look up the names of the company if this is an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom