Strange computer behavior. Looking for suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live right near Newburyport, in Haverhill (Next to Methuen, Lawrence) Not too far from Lowell.

Where you work? Anywhere good? I'm in working in Wakefield.

I work in the World Trade Center - National Financial. Right on Seaport next to the bay. Crappy commute, but we hope to move closer to Boston after our lease is up.

Sounds like it would be a crappy commute. Why dont you take the T do north station and go out from there?

Him said:
Sounds like it would be a crappy commute. Why dont you take the T do north station and go out from there?

I do, I do. And Fidelity (national financial) offers free bus service from North Station to the WTC. So, it's not all that bad really. But it would be nice to be closer.

I was actually offered a temp job there a few weeks ago, doing some sort of printer thing. I didnt take it though, got a different one. Yes, it was at fidelity at the WTC. My buddy worked there though, setting up printers I think, you prolly ran into him. Thats weird. Woulda been something had I ran into you and didnt know it was you. I find that weird, talking to someone in a forum and then seeing them. Your real life persona would be hella different from your computer one. Interesting.

Wow, indeed a small world. I grew up in Woburn, had relatives in Wakefield, my brother lived in the Highlands of Lowell (now in Littleton).

Anyway, thanks again for all the help you two.

John

One last question, if I may. It appears that my cpu is not running as hot as I previously had thought. It seems to be hold pretty steady at around 47-48 C.

Also, I was wondering if flashing/update the bios would be a worthwhile alternative, seeing that its never been done.

Thanks again!

Did you not finish your first question? Was it if that is too hot? It may be. Is that at idle, or under load?

Have you ever flashed a bios before? do you have a reason to do it? If you dont have a reason to do it, I prolly wouldnt do it. If you do it wrong, say with the wrong flash, you will permanently screw your mobo. Do you have a drive that wont fit or something?

Him said:
Did you not finish your first question? Was it if that is too hot? It may be. Is that at idle, or under load?

Have you ever flashed a bios before? do you have a reason to do it? If you dont have a reason to do it, I prolly wouldnt do it. If you do it wrong, say with the wrong flash, you will permanently screw your mobo. Do you have a drive that wont fit or something?

"Is that at idle, or under load?"

Not sure. The cpu is up and running (running word, firefox, etc.). Would that constitute a significant load?

I've never flashed a bios, but I thought that I read somewhere that updating a bios could improve performance or amend a problem.

Sorry about my "noviceness"lol.

And thanks for putting up with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom