front panel LED help

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthegreat

Baseband Member
i have some problem with cooler master centurion and Intel® Desktop Board D865GLC
this is my config

pin 1-3 hdd led
pin 2-4 power led
pin 5-7 reset sw
pin 6-8 power sw

after i shutdown my pc about 5 secs
it automatic turns on
i dun know what i have done incrorrectly

check Intels website for manuals.

They normally have the manuals in PDF format on your driver CD.

The ther thing that could be causing it is a power short on your power switch too. (Those things are fun to replace :rolleyes: )

TIP of THE DAY. The "COLOR" wire is always the (+) and the "WHITE" is always the (-). When it comes to HDD LED'S / POWER SWITCH / POWER LED BUTTON - Wires.

USB wires are usually (RED-GREEN-WHITE-BLACK)

good luck... Happy wiring...

You have your Reset switch or Power switch in backwards. There is a little arrow on the connector, it is pin one. It is black, the same color as the connector, and is elevated a little bit.

Him said:
You have your Reset switch or Power switch in backwards. There is a little arrow on the connector, it is pin one. It is black, the same color as the connector, and is elevated a little bit.

I've never had a problem with wiring the Reset or Power Switch the wrong way. The LEDs are the problems I find.

Thats common knowledge, that when you have one of those two connectors in backwards (or both) your computer will shut down and then start right back up.

Harper said:
check Intels website for manuals.

They normally have the manuals in PDF format on your driver CD.

The ther thing that could be causing it is a power short on your power switch too. (Those things are fun to replace :rolleyes: )

wat is power short?

You know, when something is being shorted out. But I dont think that would be it, because then you wouldnt be able to turn the computer on using that switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom