Front headphone and mic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

woot7800GT

Daemon Poster
I have a microphone in and a headphone jack on the front of my case. They are not wired up. How would I go about wiring them to work? BTW: I have an audigy 2.

Look around on the card to see if any of the pins are labeled. Sometimes they are, sometimes they arent. Do you still have the book? It would be in there. Try http://us.creative.com/support/

You do know that if you plug those in, more often than not it turns off the plugs on the card itself.

I got a simulare card too. in both my machines. I would like to know how to wire those guys up too.

if you look on your card, you will noticed that there is some pins.
SBLIVE.jpg

I am very tempted to try wiring up my Front Pannel Mutli Media to these pins the same way I wire up my Front Pannel to my motherboard.

Pin 1 MIC ........... Pin 2 GND
Pin 3 REF ........... Pin 4 POWER
Pin 5 Front Audio (R) Pin 6 Rear Audio (R)
Pin 7 Reserved ...... Pin 8 No Pin
Pin 9 Front Audio (L) Pin 10 Rear Audio (L)

Now what is pin 1 and pin 10 it any ones guess.

The other word of advise is that if and when you contact creative labs on this issuse, make sure you quote the model number of the card. Creative Labs changes their models on the same card about once every 6 months.

over all, my gut instinct is telling me to pin allignment is :-
SBLIVE2.jpg

10 9
8. 7
6. 5
4. 3
2. 1

If would be nice if Creative Labs included this information in their Sound Card Manuals.

Well, look at where pin one is on the pins next to what you pointed out. It is the row that is closer to the inside of the card, pin closest to the next group of pins.

Him said:
Well, look at where pin one is on the pins next to what you pointed out. It is the row that is closer to the inside of the card, pin closest to the next group of pins.
you mean the one labels AUD EXT?

btw, the pins I circled are labeled J6-2.

Let me be a bit more clear:

Two groups of pins, call the smaller group X and the larger group Y. Take group X, take the row closest to the inner of the card. Now take the pin on that row closest to group Y, and that should be your pin. I tried to attach an image, and it was too big.

Yes, that is it.

Damn, it's morning? Shit, I'm about to get do some goodnite rituals and hit the hay.

Thats because you live in the ouback. Several time zones away. Dont mine me if I sound a little slow, but I'm about to go to bed.
;)

I live in australia. Arse the end of the world to every one else, but the second country over the date line.

I will try that out later on today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom