C: Drive Messed Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

wr3252sdsfastqw

Beta member
Well, i had to renew my PC like 5 times and every time i renew it my C: Drive files in my Documents and Settings are still their. right now its at like 15 GB's. Im going nuts. Everytime i download somthing it says Disk Full free some space. When i go to delete the file it says File in Use thing or write protected. I cannot access them. Can some 1 help me pllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

What do u mean by "renew my PC" anyways. A lingo I am not familiar with. In anycase, reformatting is kinnda extreme me thinks. Why don't u try starting in safe mode and deleting all the files in that directory? And if not, maybe using a boot disk and then deleting them might work.

"Cannot deltet ........(file). Access is denied.
Make sure the disk is not fill or write-protected
and that the file is not currently in use."

I've tried it in safe mode. nutting happens same thing comes up. By renew my PC is that i Reformat my System by Inserting my Windows XP CD and doing a fresh installation. But in My "Documents and Settings" All User names i had on my pc is stored in the Hard Drive. Its alot of GB's. It wont let me delete.

Every logical drive is a partition. In anycase, try booting from a floppy disk and try deleting it from there. If it works, just run the defragmenter.

EDIT:
Since you have "renewed"=reformatted your drive, I guess there is no point in trying to just delete the files anymore. So,

1) Boot from floppy disk
2) Recreate partition
3) Format
4) And try installing XP after that

i cant run the Defragmenter cuz my Hard drive has 27.94 Gigs used up i only have 1% free space, it says i need 15% to defragment. Most of the Gigs are from those files. From which Floppy Disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom