Problem connecting using internet explorer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerberus98

Baseband Member
Hi everyone i seem to have abit of a problem. For some reason the computers on my home network stopped been able to load pages. They can connect to the internet (i know using a file sharing program) and they can also access some sites. i turned off windows firewall and that fixed it for a while but then the same problem happened again 5 minutes later. The computer hookwd up to my adsl modem can connect fine but the other 2 just cant connect. I can connect to them using remote desktop so i know my hub is fine but im a little stumped at the moment on what my next actions whould be. If i could get any help at all i would greatly appreciated. If there is any more information needed please sont hesitate to ask
thanks

So, your computer that is connected to the modem has a second NIC which is connected to the hub? Or, is all three computers connected to the same hub?

do you have a firewall? if so it might be blocking them.
check your security settings as well maybe ur security is to high for most sites
then check on ur connection (usually double click it on the task bar) and see if there is a good connection
and here is where i get to say this: www.getfirefox.com www.opera.com :)

thanks everyone for the help
i solved the problem by clearing the modem and reinstalling it. I still dont know what the problem was but as everything seems to working fine now im just going to but it down as bad luck and hope it doesnt happen again

you can always post bqck if so and we'll help once more
i have a question, did it tell u the modem needed to be re installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom