crackling sounds from cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would bet my money it's the hard drive too

And my CPU didnt thermally shut down for some reason, the fan came undone and it didnt shut off

DJ-CHRIS said:

And my CPU didnt thermally shut down for some reason, the fan came undone and it didnt shut off

That totally sucks. Did your cpu fry? What kind was it?

DJ-CHRIS said:
Could be the thermal paste crackling

When I overheated my CPU past 100 celcius, it seemed to be burning and crackling the paste

No visual emote can convey how hard I laughed at this post.

But, yeah. I'm with "Him" on this one. If it's not the psu, then the HD is the only component with parts to make this sound during accessing.
Oh wait, did you leave a popcorn maker with kernels in there? That could be it.

Could have been my brain crackling as well, as soon as I saw that temp i went into SDFPGDFG"KJLG>FDGN:LKFGHDFPG mode

It didnt fry luckily, but I burnt myself touching the heatsink because I couldnt belive the temp

What kind of hard drive do you have? If it's a Western Digital, they make alot of noise, but it's a high peformance HD.

you know what it is the hard drive and yes it is a WD 160gb.
But I have a 80gb seagate that also spins at 7200 and none of that noise.Whats up with this brand?Something else my mom had an hp before this one similar sound it was also was a WD.I want to replace the drive any ways it is too small I back up my dvds on it.

I dont know what it is. That is a problem with WD drives I guess. Sucks too, cuz other than that, they are very good drives.

my hard drive is very noisy too, i cant wait to get a new one, its starting to get really annoying but it works really good >_>'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom