new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you have any slightly cheaper suggestions, i was hoping $1300 including 17" LCD monitor

anything just slightly cheaper but not much sacrifice?

so should i get the 3200+ instead of 3500+?

The 3200 performs like a P4 3.2ghz for multitasking and basic apps, but once u get to gaming, the 3200 has been known to perform better than the P4 3.8ghz.

ok fellas

my friend here says AMD has heating issues and he has told me about melting horror stories. He says Intel has an advantage with hyper-threading and their stepping system. He also says that they over clock higher and alot easier than AMD. He babbled on about other shit but I don't remember the rest.

i need some feedback

PS. i am going to use this computer for music/DVDs/gaming mostly

PSS. I am planning on using Windows XP and he says I need a special version for 64 bit....comments? whats price on that OS then? please list all (dis)advantages...thx all help is appreciated

crazyeightballa said:
ok fellas

my friend here says AMD has heating issues and he has told me about melting horror stories. He says Intel has an advantage with hyper-threading and their stepping system. He also says that they over clock higher and alot easier than AMD. He babbled on about other shit but I don't remember the rest.

i need some feedback

PS. i am going to use this computer for music/DVDs/gaming mostly

PSS. I am planning on using Windows XP and he says I need a special version for 64 bit....comments? whats price on that OS then? please list all (dis)advantages...thx all help is appreciated

Call him a fanboy, because he is one :cool:

AMD run FAAAAAAAAR cooler in the Athlon 64's (Origional Athlon's were hot

Intel hyperthreading, useful for multithreaded programs, current list of multithreaded programs is a few professional applications. Also slightly useful for multitaskers. Doesnt do anything in gaming.

And 64 bit OS, yeah to take any advantage of your 64 bit capabilities you need one

hmm...who do you think knows more?

us, or your friend? :D

AMD venice run really cool

although intel DOES overclock better, AMD is still far superior

i.e. the newest intel's (6xx series) have to reach around 5.6 or 5.8ghz JUST to match the 2.8ghz AMD fx-55's gaming performance

No that was a 2.6GHZ stock FX-55, and it was to beat it

Your not getting 5.8ghz without phasechange cooling though... And that's really lucky people

ok thx guys, ill go with the venice 3200+

i want toknow if someone can check my system out quick that im planning to get...diablo 2 gave me most of it, just check to make sure everything goes together or if I should be getting something different...thx

-eVGA 256-A8-N344-AX Geforce 6800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Retail
-AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 1GHz FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor - Retail
-REFURBISHED: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - OEM
-Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 SATA NCQ ST3200826AS 200GB 7200 RPM 8M Cache Hard Drive - OEM
-A-TOP XBlade AT859A-BL Blue/Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W Power Supply - Retail
-Rosewill R710E Black 17" 16ms LCD Monitor 260 cd/m2 450:1 0.264mm Pixel Pitch - Retail
-OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail
-NEC Black 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 4X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE DVD Burner - OEM
-Logisys Computer MS802SL 2-Tone 3 Buttons 1x Wheel USB + PS/2 Optical Ergonomic Cool Fan Mouse - Retail

this is all my stuff, plz review it to make sure its all compatible and its good choices...

also i plan on OCing a little bit...not a whole lot tho and i got around $70-80 left to spend on extra fans or cooling systems, thx everyone for your help

should i get an ergonomic/regular/wireless/foldable keyboard? any good gaming keyboard choices recommended would be appreciated

do you think i need a heaset? if so what kind? (cheap ones plz lol)

finally, anyone got any good choices for 5.1 speakers (is 5.1 good?) that are fairly cheap...<$30-35

1. DON'T GET REFURBISHED!! why are you getting refurbished? never get a refurbished board!
2. you need a new power supply to go along with that case, atop sucks ass (go with antec truepower or thermaltake silent purepower)

and cheap headphones suck

cheap speakers suck too

there's no point trying to fit all those into your budget

btw, rosewill sucks IMO (they use no-brand stuff and relabel it 'rosewill')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom