Split up the Hardware Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elbatrop1

Memberbot
I noticed that the Hardware Zone posts get cycled through really quickly, and that not all posts are answered fully. I think that we should find a way to split up the Hardware Zone into 2 or more separate areas so that more questions get answered.

Edit: I thought about it some more. Maybe there could be a section for hardware problems, one for advice on buying new hardware, and a general section on new and upcoming hardware.

Really good idea.

I have wondered about how it could be split up, and that sounds like a reasonable division scheme.

Actually, it should be split into "Video Cards" and "CPUs" and "Other Hardware." There should definately be a video card section, since thats what half of the hardware section threads are about.

May want to expand "CPU" to "CPUs and Motherbords" and "Video Cards" to "Video Cards and Monitors/Displays".

Trust me. Never underestimate the sheer stupidity of people to totally miss/disregard the obvious...

I like that scheme^^^. I wonder where RAM and PSUs would go. I could see RAM going with "CPUs and Motherboards."

Maybe 3 sections:
1)CPUs and Motherboards
2)Video Cards and Monitors/Displays
3)All other components (PSU, RAM, Cases...)

We'll talk about this in our mods forum. I want to make sure our mods for that forum **points upward** think it's good too and will handle it.

Dave :D

Thanks for the positive responses guys. I just thought it might help some help-seeking posters:)

Well if you split it up, make it so that you can click a general tab and see all of them in odered of posting. Does this make sense at all?

-Ryan

Nice idea, but I don't think they should be split up by component. Subject is better. ("buying/building", "Troubleshooting", "New Tech/Neat-Stuff")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom