How do i reformat, steps not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so i set the SS - Secondary Slave to CD ROM and save?

When you say Boot comp from a CD Rom Drive, how exactly do i do that?

What you need to do is put in your XP disk, reboot, and press F12 or whatever your boot menu is. then press boot from ide-cdrom or something that has to do with booting form your cd drive. then it will load a bunch of files and you will come to a blue screen. press install fresh copy of windows. then it will bring you to a menu with all your partitions. highlight the partitions and delete them all. then go and press create new partition. after you have done that press install windows onto selected partition with the new partition highlighted. It will start to format and form there its just installing windows.

please follow ALL steps.

i have done it 12 times and it has worked every time.:D

Ok, so i go into BIOS, change that thing, save THEN put in the XP CD? Cuz i have the XP CD in and it just boots up the same as it always has.

Not sure how to get to boot menu, tried F10. In the very beginning of boot up it says to hit TAB to see User Window for the Raid and SATA Array.

anyone think he might have a boot menu???
try hitting the different F buttons like, F8, F10, F12 etc
maybe ull get just a boot menu

Ok so i got it finally refomated. Installed drivers but something not working with sound. I cant hear anything.

your computer may have come with an upgraded sound card. first make sure ur speakers r plugged in then go to contorl panel > Printers and other hardware > add hardware (on the left) it should find your sound hardware. just install all the drivers that have to do with sound.

oh by the way did you use my instructions to finally format it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom