Sound scratchyness when using mouse??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fujithefish

Beta member
Hi,

I've just had windows XP installed on my computer (to replace ME) as my old system crashed. Everything seems to be working perfectly except any sound coming through the speakers seems to be scratchy when you move the mouse around on IE and on games but not on word etc. I tried to update my driver via the microsoft update thingy and the system keeps crashing.
Managed to find the updated driver (creative audio PCI es1371, es1373 wdm) on another site and when I attempted to install it an error message saying " the file es1371mp.sys in the windows driver cabinet is needed" . The file isn't there (obviously) and so the install cancels.

Does anyone know why I have scratchy sound?

play with the two volume controls, one in windows (control panel) & the physical volume control on the speakers.

one maybe set too high.

Re:

Hello,

It's most probably to do with your sound card's driver. Make sure it is the correct driver, up to date and compatible with Windows XP.

You may also want to ensure that your graphics driver is correct, up to date and compatible. Make sure that there aren't any conflicts in your device manager too.

I agree my problem is most probably with my sound driver however when I try to download the updated one from Microsoft = my computer crashes whilst installing it and when I try to get it from another site I come up with the error warning " the file es1371mp.sys in the windows driver cabinet is needed " and it won't install. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom