Strange computer behavior. Looking for suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, very easy to transfer processors. The hardest part on yours will be getting the heat sink off. AMD have these pain in the ass clips that you have to take off with a flathead screwdrive. Although be careful not to let the screwdriver slip out and hit your motherboard.

And yes, 50-55 is a little bit warm.

Ok, Thanks neighbor, I'll give that a shot when my budget permits.

Frankly, I'm surprised that my processer is running a bit warm. I have this modified case that my friend gave me where he installed extra vents and fans. Hmmm.

Regards,
John

Swapping out a cpu isn't anything difficult, just pull up on the lever and pull it out. The real trouble is the heatsink/fan sitting on it. If you need to, find the manufacturer's website and get an online manual. Just be patient and don't ever force anything too much... patience.

Your cpu temp is a bit high.. higher than I would like. It's not dangerously high but it wouldn't hurt to take some steps to drop it's temp. Whatever the cpu's running at; it's usually safe to say your video card's gpu is running 10-15 degrees hotter. Increase your airflow, starting with exhaust and make sure you're bringing in enough cool air to displace the exhausted hot air.

If you're changing out your cpu, now is a good time to think about replacing that thermal compound. switching to an excellent compound like AC5 will significantly improve heat transfer to your heatsink and thus, result in much lower temps.

Also, what are your ambient - or room - temperatures at?

Thanks for the input!

I'd say my ambient temp is on the warmer side, we have a young baby so we try to keep it around 70 or so.

I will keep in mind the compound - excellent advice that I wouldn't have thought of!

One other thing: My buddy who gave me the case put some sound-dampening material on the inside walls. Could this conceivable make the components run hotter?

The sound damening material will hold in heat, inherently making your computer hotter. Removing this should help alot. Heat has to get OUT of your computer, and that material is holding it in.

Ok, thanks again. Is there a way that I can retrieve my cp temp while running windows?

Him said:
Hey, look at that. Aint that some shit. Where you from Smiley?

Ok, this might take a bit.. my girlfriend and I met in Michigan - where I'm from - she's originally from Newburyport; after living in Florida for a few years she wanted to be closer to her family/friends and now we live in Lowell (and I work in Boston).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom