Fan Setup and Turbulence Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleep

Contributor
I've attached a drawing I made of my computer, from the side, that show the fans and which way they are blowing.

I think the fan setup may not be doing the best job it could be, to cool the system and move air through the case.

I'm wondering if this setup should change a bit (certain fans blowing in as opposed to out)?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Also, i'm thinking of using some fan filters on the front Zantec fans, and on the empty front fan slots to control dust in the case....would this compromise air flow a lot? is it worth it to use fan filters, or stick with cleaning the innerds of the puter every few months.

Thanks.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 74
i'd prefer not to use the filters although they aren't supposed to take away from good air flow.. i think it would.. not much though, even though you're fan will just spin harder to get the same RPM... so either way, but i but those cans of that air spray to clean out the insides, works great if you do it once every two weeks, it'll keep it nice, then you can also use one of those static free clothes, i saw them somewhere to clean the hardware off without disrupting the crap, as for your airflow, it looks fine actually, couldn't be that much better unless you added more fans

right on micro, so how often do you have to change the filters? once a month or so?

i would not use a filter if it is too dense/ thick. the filter doesn't do that much good unless your environment is very dusty. your setup looks good except... shouldn't the side fan be blowing air into the case onto the cpu/ mobo?

i think that is why in your diagram you have the word "OUT" empasized, you aren't sure either.

Thanks guys.

MicroBell said:
Love the Graphic work on that PIC.. LOL
LOL! All i do all day, is make pretty logos for customers, so when it comes to making my own graphics... I tend to slap it together as fast as possible. :)

Yep, I'm going to turn that side fan around, as suggested.

I'll try the filters that i bought for a while, and see how well they work. They are the cheap plastic filters, thaqt look like a mini furnace filter.

I've also seen these aluminum mesh type of filters http://www.vibecomputers.com/index.cfm?loc=iview&if=n&vID=190785 ... but I don't know how well they'd work, and they are more expensive ($6.95 Canadian)

everythins good, just like every other computer lolz

but i was wondering if u had fans on the top of your case, the air would be blowing out right? not in?

spfd said:
everythins good, just like every other computer lolz

but i was wondering if u had fans on the top of your case, the air would be blowing out right? not in?

Nope, I don't have any blowholes on top.

I figure i have too many fans as it is, and I am adding some sound dampening, gaskets to the fans I have..to try to quiet my system down a bit.

i have the same problem as you. when the next paycheck rolls in i'm getting a hardcano 9 fan controller. it can control 4 sets of fans depending on the amps drawn. you should check it out. i think vantec make one also with higher amp ratings per channel. newegg.com is where i saw these, of coarse :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom