New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

Baseband Member
After basically building an alienware myself on the net i found that i could save over 2 grand so im going to build it myself, want to get the best pc possible so im gonna list the parts i found to see what u guys think.

Motherboard-ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
Cpu-AMD Athlon 64 FX55 ClawHammer
Ram-2gb G.SKILL 4400
Vid-2x BFG Tech Geforce 6800Ultra 512MB GDDR3 PCI-Express
HD-2x 74gb Raptors
Psu-ENERMAX EG651AX-VH ATX 550W
Sound-CREATIVE Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro 8
Case-Lian Li PC-V2100B
CDRom-SONY 16X Dual Layer DVD+/-RW, Model DRU800A
-$4,253.48-

just looking for the best possible if there's something that isn't the best, or something that may be coming out soon that would be better than than this, please give me some feedback. willing to go up to 5000 or so. Thanks for any help

Change the Motherboard to the DFI lanparty ultra SLI.
Dont bother buying the 512mb Ultras, waste of money.
You'll want more than the raptors in harddrive space.
Change soundcard to Audigy 2ZS pro platnum

Rest is good.

waste of money on the cards because, not really that much more powerfull than the 256? or waste as in to powerfull?

You will see virtually no performance increases going from a 256MB card to a 512MB card. 512MB is all marketting. So save your money and get 256MB.

is there a 6800 ultra 256? dont see it in pcie at newegg

found it nvm

Get the DFI Lanparty nf4, and you will be golden. 148GB is big, so it is up to you if you are going to want more. The raptor drives are great, super fast.

Are you going to set up RAID? I would, that would be tight.

This is going to be one beastly machine.

dont really know anything about raid but if it makes it faster/ run better than yes, and the reason i want the best is, im tired of having to upgrade so often so with this i hope ill be set for atleast 3-5 years

and dose anyone know what the deal is on used pc's i would like to sell my old one complete on ebay. how would i go about pricing it?

Search the net for similar PC's, observe the prices. Do some research, find out prices on your components, etc... Then make your own price, put it up, see what happens. Dont forget, people are bidding on it, so putting it low is advisable.

Now, the major stuff worth waiting for was already released. The Venice cores, all that good stuff. Buy your thing now.

Moores law states that computer power will double every 18 months. We have seen computer power doubling in 6 months, even less. I really dont think there is a way you can have a computer that will keep you set for 3 to 5 years. The last time I got a computer from a manufacturer, it was, literally, obsolete before I opened the box. It was a P3 450, and when I got it, brand new, they had just discontinued that speed. So you're better off getting a killer machine, spending a grand or two, and saving your money to spend on other things. That way, when the time comes for an upgrade, you will have the money and wont feel as bad replacing a part that only cost $50 instead of $500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom