aj2003

Daemon Poster
My girlfriends just got a new laptop. got a good deal on it

Pentium mobile 1.5gig
512ddr400
40HDD
integrated graphics
etc etc

anyhow i suggested it cos she plays no games at all. But at the moments the graphics is taking 128mb of her system memory, leaving only 384mb for the system and this isnt alot really.

so i was wondering if there is anyway i can change the amound of memory allocated to the graphics to something close to 64mb or maybes 32mb? or is it totally locked?

Its a Dell Inspirion 6000.

thanks

I don't know for sure, it depends on the BIOS, but there is usually a setting in BIOS that will allow you to choose how much memory is allocated to the integrated video. Being as it is a dell, I don't know if they give you this option.

Like, beedubya said, it depends on the BIOS. The motherboards that I have worked with have had a setting somewhere to be able to adjust the memory.

Thats what onboard gfx does, takes away from the memory. If there is no setting in the bios, you can get an after market utility to underclock your gfx, and free up some ram. What kind of card is it? NVidia or ATI?

its got a intel 915GM graphics chip. as i said shes not bothered about the graphics at all so it doesnt really matter. Ill have a look in the bios later on when i see her. thanks for the replies

well i finally found out teh lurly ppl at dell only gave her 8mb of graphics memory. Great for me very bad for any1 who wants to play more then lemmings :p

aj2003 said:
well i finally found out teh lurly ppl at dell only gave her 8mb of graphics memory. Great for me very bad for any1 who wants to play more then lemmings :p

My friend's compaq (really his family's) can be turned all the way down to 512K of graphics memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom