6600gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate MSI, HATE!!! Hate is a strong word, but I use it.

eVga, def one of the best. Albatron and MSI, the lower end stuff. Kinda crappy if you ask me. You cannot go wrong with eVga, thats some good quality stuff right there.

I think MSI is a really good budget card, and it doesnt perform that much less than eVGA (unless you overclock).

I dunno, I just had a very bad experience with an MSI once though. It totally turned me off of them.

Thats just it. Everyone has their preferences on different hardware, all along, no one is really right or wrong :/

He said he wanted a card for his OTHER system, thats why he wants a 6600GT ontop of a 6800GT.

Leadtek has the best stock cooler and also has great potential for OC'ing.

eVGA is great quality, has the step up program, will OC nicely, but the stock cooler sucks

Well eVGA kind of sets the standards, they are the most popular, and perform a little better for just a little more $$. I am getting a BFG 6600GT soon. Why? Because I am tired of OC'ing cards manually.

I feel that pre OCed cards are cheating. OCing something is done by the 1337, as a hobby and more. It is an art. My definition of OCing is when the end user, through some modifications, makes something run much faster than it is suppose to. It is something that is done after-market.

Pre OC'ed cards are just a way for the manufacturers to make more money. Instead of actually building the architecture, they will simply do some tweaks and sell it to us, while saving them tons of money.

Anyway, I think it's a ripoff. Get your own badass card. OC it if you want. But dont buy a pre OC'ed card, makes you look like a serious poseur.

"Hey, I'm cool. I have an over clocked video card... Whatever that means"
-The people buying the pre OC'ed cards.

that's THE definition lol not just yours.

Those pre-OC'd cards would of course beat out a stock but that OC is tiny, it's 20MHz extra on the core which chances are you could throw your eVGA up to that right out of the box. Hell I could even modify the BIOS so that it boots up up to those speeds no matter what system you put it in.

Hell I could even modify the BIOS so that it boots up up to those speeds no matter what system you put it in.
That sounds like a project, how do you do that :D

And I actually agree about the pre-OC, it really doesn't mean a thing. But, the BFG cards are also very good cards. Mine has OC'd very well and I haven't had one problem with it (other than running a little hot which an aftermarket fan fixed that). They also have one of the best warranties on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom