End of life - AMD Athlon 64 3400+ & 3700+ Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
charles_scott said:
I would wait till one of these company's smash the others face in the ground so the competition isnt as big....

Ummmmm..... AMD.... Intel...

There is not much competition out there any way.

Like I hears names like Cyrix and there is that other processor starting with a T that I can not remember.
But that is about it

CntdwnToExtn said:
damn...i was hopin' to upgrade my processor at the end of the summer.....

Get a 754 at the end of the summer, they will be around for a little while now. There will be people selling their old ones, and stores clearing their stock and making way for the 939. You will be able to get a 754 probably at the same price as a P3 in the not so distant future.

Gaara said:
All AMD 130nm cores will be gone before 2006. This is pretty much because of Venice and its ability to handle higher clock speeds, so its no suprise.

AMD is also developing 65nm cores as of now, so yeah, 130nm are a dead cause now pretty much. Even Sempron has migrated to the 90nm process now.

65nm? thats TINY! I remember when I first saw tyhe p4, I was blown away at it's small size. With a 65nm core, the chip is gonna be uber small! That thign is going to be so easy to cool and oc, it's going to be insane.

Harper said:
They can.

Unless there is a need, Sempron will never be avalable in Socket 939.

I will be going to the AMD Athlon 64 Bit - Microsoft Windows 64 Bit Launch on 26th April. If you have any questions that you would like me to ask the big wigs at AMD, PM me.

You in cahoots with AMD?

I could ask you the same question. If you think it is dead, why did you bother posting? Piss off with your comments from the peanut gallery.

And as long as a thread has something to offer, it is not dead. As long as a thread contains infotmation, it is not deead. Therefore this thread is not dead.

Ahh, I dig. That would be why you get information straight from them. Cool beans man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom