WOW! This owns all... I'm freakin' deaf now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
I've been wanting to get a new PC speaker system for awhile now. So finally I bit the bullet and did some research and finally order it the Logitech Z-5500 5.1 system.
http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836121120

Ok. I came home from work tonight and found that my new PC Speakers have arrived. Tore right into the box and set these bad boys up. I knew that this system has gotten great reviews but I wasn't expecting what these suckers can really do. I also have a SB Audigy 2 ZS platinum Pro Card in my PC.

Let me tell you something, if you're in the market for a new PC speaker system for gaming, music or movies... DON'T buy anything other then this system. It's absolutely incredible. LOUD isn't the word for these. Not only that but they are crystal clear even with the volume turned to max. And then... There is an additional boost level after MAX 1 - 11. I seriously couldn't get it past 5 in boost level. I lost a picture frame that fell off the wall across the room from where the Subwoofer is. The windows in my room rattle. You can feel the bass in your chest and the treble rings your ear drums. Anyway... I'm excited about this new purchase. Just wanted to let y'all know, if you're thinking about buying new Speakers, YOU MUST BUY THESE. And a hearing aid... and your neighbors WILL be calling the police with noise ordinace violations.

yea, they are really good, probably the best computer speakers

however if you want just straight music, floor standing are still better

i think my buddy just got ones VERY similar to yours.
i think they were all silver though. (unless they come in different colours)
the specs look the same as his...so maybe the logitec web site showed them with the covers off or something.
they are THX cerifide ones right?

heh, and my buddy upgraded from 2.1 200watt rms logitec speakers lol. i hate the guy.

diabloII said:
yea, they are really good, probably the best computer speakers

however if you want just straight music, floor standing are still better

Yep and stero > surround for music

I am glad your happy with them.

I was thinking about biting the bullet and getting some of those for gaming, but that would require me to also have my studio monitors.

I am starting to downsize on the speakers I have

You gotta love it. I myself have the Z-560. 400 Watts 4.1. Some people say the Z-680 is better than the Z-5500 but Z-680 I think has been discontinued in favour of the Z-5500. Unless you're talking specialty speakers the only PC speakers I have heard better are Klipsch ProMedia speakers. They have less distortion and powerful treble. Best in the biz. Before buying my set I was actually thinking of buying Klipsch until Futureshop had a boxing day sale for my Z-560 for $99!!! Insane price because it sold nearly $300 at the time. Hey DJ-Chris if you're thinking about buying the Z-5500 buy them here:

http://www.logiccomputerhouse.com/site/main.php?module=catalog&catID=200&pagelimit=10&page=2

At $359.99 CAD its an insane price or try Klipsch. Those speakers are unbelievable.

Harmon-Kardon's are excellent. Sound great, and look mighty spiffy.

When i had money (tear) I wasnted those Logitechs SOO BAD! The z-5500. I did SOO much research into a speaker system, hunting around for the best one. I was considering getting a surround system for your home theatre and hooking it up using the optical SPDIf. But none had a good one that was within my price range, so I kept looking. By the time I had decided on the z-5500, I was out of money and a job. :-(

But yes, I have heard nothing bad about those speakers. I wanted them SOOO bad, and stilll do. I fully intent on buying those speakers when I have the money, and I have fully intended for the last year or so.

Lucky SOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom