installing xp problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if you had it set up Floppy/CDROM/HARDRIVE it would still eventually boot to the hard drive.. I guess you could try changing your boot order, but my guess would be that it would do the same thing. From what it sounds like windows xp isnt installing the necessary files on the boot sector.

after formatting it copies necessary files to the partition, are you monitoring it at that point, any files not copied?

wow you wont believe this...i tried installing a 2gb quatum fireball hd and it worked fine!!! does this mean that the 20 gb and 30 gb one i tried that didnt work is broken!!?!?! they worked fine before, and they are detected whenever i boot up....but i dont see how this ancient hardrive worked!!

If you have multiple hard drives, try unplugging the spare/storage drives leaving only the os drive connected.

Zip

run dskchk or use the manufacturers utility disk to run a diagnostic on the questionable drive and go from there.

how do i run disk check if the hardrive isnt installled?? can you give me a link to this diskcheck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom