First attempt to build computer... Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You don't need the Audigy 2 ZS unless you have $500 7.1 speakers
(just use onboard)"

I have 5.1 surrond sound. I plan on hooking this computer to my AUX input on the reciever.

i got a question can u guys help me out?

Ok heres the deal...I heard that an ATX power supply will NOT work with a Gigabyte motherboard...is that true?

thx for ur help

turtile said:
Get a 3200+
Get an Asus SLI
Get dual 6600GT's
Get 2x 120GB in RAID 0
Keep Corsair
You don't need the Audigy 2 ZS unless you have $500 7.1 speakers
(just use onboard)

you're dumb
you're dumb
you're dumb
you're dumb
you're dumb

how's that?

you never specified which 3200+, the asus SLI board is buggy as hell, dual 6600gt's are bad for the price and doesn't even perform as good as a 6800gt which costs less, you can do better for the money than those corsair (like twinmos with lanparty), xms don't OC that good, and not need audigy2 unless he has $500 7.1 speakers is just crap

a better build:
any case you want
amd 64 3200+ venice (retail box)
dfi lanparty ultra-d
1gig twinmos ram (2x512mb)

2x 80gb seagate hdd (sata) in raid0
or
1x 200gb seagate hdd sata 7200.8

eVGA 6800gt
NEC 3510A dvd-rw
OCZ powerstream 500W power supply

It will definatly work with all the new games with no problem at all. Everything looks nice, except for the intel part.

You can save money and get a better performance for games if you go with AMD.

For the motherboard, any Gigabyte, Asus, Abit, DFI, or MSI board with any nForce4 chipset version will work great.

That system looks pretty good to me. Yes, it will play new games, quite well, actually. If you are not going to overclock, you have no need to get anything other than budget (or value) RAM. I would save yourself a few bucks and buy some cheaper (not low quality) RAM.

Make sure you are getting 2 sticks of RAM, so that you can run your RAM in dual channel mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom