DVD Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.
when you work with computer long enough you will find they have the excessive need to have more then on name for something :) it can be quite annoying when talking to someone who isn't too familiar with computers and they can get confused easily.

hey sport
is it faster to write to a minus than a plus?

what abotu the interface
i think with the cd writers, one goes for a plain IDE interface

what the DVD writers, i guess you need to move so much data
so is an IDE interface good enough

i came across manufacturere offering USB2 and firewire interfaces, but are those restricted to external drives and how do they perform

a say a nice laice drive(bit pricie though :))

USB 2.0 and Firewire are for external drives only, the more common drives you will see will be IDE, maybe a few SATA but you won't see a performance boost in that.
If you want a nexternal drive, you can just buy a standard internal drive and an enclosure to put it in and spend less then buying it prepackaged...
also for DVD write speed (whether it is plus or minus), it is restricted by the max capability of the burner and of the discs

is an internal drive cheaper than an external drive with no loss in features?

In that case why are externals more expensive?

i read that when writing to DVD + you can write a file at a time

while with DVD -, everytime you adda file, you need to write all the previous files on the DVD again, is that true?

RW= rewritable, can keep changing/adding
R=writable, DVD is only good for one write. you f*** it up, DVD is trash. pretty sure +/- don't matter as to writablility (that a word? w/e screw spelling :p)

Dual layer Dvd can write 8.4G were as normal Dvd writer can write up to 4.7G right?
what i want to know is do we need different media or just using the 4.7G media to write 8.4G ok?

kittycat said:
Dual layer Dvd can write 8.4G were as normal Dvd writer can write up to 4.7G right?
what i want to know is do we need different media or just using the 4.7G media to write 8.4G ok?

no, you will need different media, this media also will cost you more, for now it really isn't worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom