Geforce4 MX 440 or TI 4200

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemakr

In Runtime
I posted a question once before about this questionable card, but this is from another angle.

I have a GeForce4 MX 440 64mb and it works fine. On the otherhand I have a GeForce4 TI 4200 64mb that I Acquired from someone, but when it starts doing something with the 3D part of the card it freezez and you have to restart. So far it only happens when I run a diagnostic on the card, and no other time. I AM NOT A GAMMER, I just use it for video, with that being said any suggestions on which card I should use? Is there a big difference betwee the two if your not playing 3D games? I don't know a whole lot about video cards so any input would be helpful.

if the ti doesn't work after a quick driver update than go with the mx. the mx works, and you don't play games so nothing is really that demanding on the video.

you might want to also go for a new GeForce 6200. they support a feature that sharpens DVD video and makes it easier on the eyes. ATI all-in-wonder cards also work magic for video editing/viewing etc... on computers. just something to consider...

Well the problem is I never buy new parts I end up getting them from people. If I can bring myself to it, I have been looking at the ATI all-in-wonder cards, I'd like to get one.

So you're saying I'm better off with te MX 440

Honestly if the ti is giving you headache's, use the 440.

You can also flash the 440 to a quadro as well if you want :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom