installing xp problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanf445

Baseband Member
alright i have a comp in my room (2.4 ghz 256 mb ram, 30 gb hd)

well the problem is everytime i try and load xp and when i get to the part where i have to choose between the NTFS quick, FAT quick, NTFS, or FAT i choose NTFS quick. i chose NTFS.after it tells me it has to restart. no big problem right? well after that it goes right back to the beginning of the installation where it says "system is testing your hardware " and if i reboot without the disc it says boot disk failure....wtf???

ive even tried disabling the cdrom in the boot sequence and still its messed up

how do i get to the gui part of the installation, no matter what i do it never lets me get to the next part??? what could be the problem???

ive tried 2 differnt harddrives, and both win xp pro and home, and still the same problem!

Have you formatted the drive or are you trying to install a copy of xp over an old copy of xp? If so try formating the drive when you get to that point on the installation. Other than that im not sure what could be doing it.

When it asks you to choose the partition type do not choose quick format, go ahead and let it format it at that time.

i did the ntfs full format.. after that it reboots to continue the installation, goes to a screen saying press any key to boot from cd...but that would repeat the whole process....so leaving it alone does nothing as it would sit there forever... and chanign the boot device order does nothing, and taking the cd does nothing when it says press any key to boot....

I think that it's not booting fro the right drive. Have hard Drive as first, CD as second, and Floppy as third.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom