Making USB Wireless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rememberme

In Runtime
Hello all.

I was wondering if there are any creative users out there who could help me with a ittle project I want to work on... I am interested in making a USB webcam wireless...

Does anyone know of any sites that could help me sort out a way of attatching a USB dongle or something on the end of the USB cam and have it talk to a wireless adapter on my PC?? Thanks

I think he meant making his current camera wireless.. not buying a new one.

And yes, you should be able to find USB wireless extensions infrared, radio, etc.

Just shop around.

Yeah I want to make an existing webcam wireless.

Its complicated finding the stuff I need :s

This is some kindda school project?.. I'd say it's fairly straightforward - even if it's time consuming. You need to rig the damn thing somehow to give it power obviously when the USB thing is not connected anymore. Should be straightforward. Just read a USB spec. As for the transmission of data, don't bother doing any processing, just transmit every bloody piece of information given by the camera to the PC. Maybe bluetooth?. Bandwidth should be good enough for a low quality continuous video. And should be good enough for a small room. And then u can just receive all the crap on the computer, do some signal processing (or pipe the data into an existing program) and viola. Should be done? no? :)

A buddy of mine built a USB radio from scratch. :) Man, the dude stayed up quite a few hours (to say the least. lol). Building the external unit, the USB interfacing, and writing the signal processing software itself from scratch.. That last part was a ***** in itself. lol

But yeah, you can make this project as easy as possible (off the shelf parts like transmitters and software) and as hard as possible man. If it's for a learning experience, try the latter :p.. You will "definitely" learn a lot. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom