Azureus/Torrents & Slow Up/Download speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoodleKnight

Baseband Member
Using the latest version of Azureus -- it doesn't slow down my computer and i'm connected through a cable line (dslreports.com test I got a 4mbps download speed) behind a router.
Forwarded ports 6881-6999 for the computer, and yet I still get 0kbps for my upload and download speed. I've been letting the downloads go on for about a day or so and I've downloaded 340kbs and uploaded 8.9mbs.
What am I doing wrong? Or, why are my download/upload speeds so friggin slow?

Set your upload speed really high. The faster you upload, that faster you download. Thats how torrents work. They are also notoriously slow. Not that slow, but pretty slow. Last time i used Torrents (Bittorrent) I only got 1 or 2kbps down and a large number up.

i usually leave my computer on downloading so i dont really mind as long its faster than 5-6 kbps i dont really notice

Yeah, I set the upload and download rate at infinite (I've never seen it go past 20kbs upload anyways, and it doesn't affect download speeds). The 0kbps upload and download just happened recently.

What exactaly is a good number of seeders? 11 is okay?

Him said:
What dosent effect speed? What your upload rate is set to?

I left it unlimited (used to be 20kbps). People say that letting your upload speed go to high means it'll slow the downloading speeds, but it hasn't happened to me (thats what i meant by, "it doesn't affect speeds").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom