AGP 8X Graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

In Runtime
Im looking for the best AGP 8X graphics card for 200$ or under...Anyone help? Im gonna be using it for gaming. Using a radeon 9600pro 256mb atm.

MSI Neo2 platinum Nforce 3 Ultra Athlon 64 FX Skt 939

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Winchester

Maxtor Diamond Plus 9 120gb

Inside a Raidmax storm w/ 420w psu

MSI Neo2 platinum Nforce 3 Ultra Athlon 64 FX Skt 939

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Winchester

Maxtor Diamond Plus 9 120gb

Inside a Raidmax storm w/ 420w psu

the eVGA is the best, the leadtek runs coolest

have you bought your parts yet? because there's 3 problems.

1.) Venice > winchester and they are the same price, get a 3500+ venice
2.) Seagate > Maxtor, seagate makes the best 7.2k hdd's and run very quiet (they make literally no noise [not even when you access your hard drive] and the only time i EVER hear them is for like 2 seconds when i start up my computer)
3.) raidmax power supply is crap. you have a decent computer using a shitty power supply. it is rated at like 14A @ 12V, your computer needs a LOT more then that, not to mention raidmax is one of the worst power supply companies

get an antec truepower 480 or thermal take silent purepower 480

Forgot too put my memory in there, I haven't purchased yet, but was planning on buying either corsair Twinx 2048-3200 C2 or Twinx 1024-3200 C2..Make any difference?

twinx's suck

wow..no offense, but i can give you a much better setup than the one you provided (i.e. if you went with that raidmax power supply, you woulda fried your comp)

how much can you spend?

All i see for Venice is a 3000+ and 3700+. I cant afford the 3700+..Will the 3000+ Venice be better than the 3500+ winchester? And will the Antec truepower 480 or the Thermal take silent purepower 480 fit into the raidmax storm?

Neh, still, he's got a pretty solid comp there, but they're right; wait a month (or buy now, i haven't seen venices in retail stores) and get a venice.

I am looking to spend another 750.00 or so on the rest of my system. I have My 2 cd drives, floppy drive and the MSI Neo2 Platinum skt 939 motherboard so far.

And im not planing on Overclocking btw. Diablo II I am interested in hearing what you think i can do with the rest of this system for gaming...And anyoneone else :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom