Video Card Power Issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

smileygladhands

In Runtime
I installed my new Video Card: 6600 GT and now I'm getting an indication when I start up Windows that it's not getting enough power.

"The NVIDIA System Sentinel is reporting that the NVIDIA-powered graphics card is not receiving sufficient power.

To protect your hardware from potential damage or causing a potential system lockup, the graphics processor has lowered its performance to a level that allows continued safe operations."

I should have enough power with my 420W PSU. How do I allocate more power to it? Can anyone help please?

:confused:

There's usually a connector on the card that's like a power port; where the card receives power directly from the PSU

You're right Chris, I do have some no name psu; I've heard alot of people recommend Antec's.. you think Thermaltake's are better?

I didn't notice an alternate power connector on the card, but I'll check it; is it a 3-pin or a 4-pin molex usually?

it's always a 4pin molex

btw, just to be sure, i think you should get a TD-480 silent purepower

Ok, I'm a dumbass... 4-pin's sittin' right back there.. not sure how in the world I missed that before.

Anyways.. all is right with the world now, thanks guys.

I think I might look into a new psu though.. just to be on the safe side.

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom