Videocard Malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFX_Auron50

Beta member
I loaded up Halo PC last weekend only to find out something had gone wrong with my videocard. The first thing I did was unplugged and replugged my videocard into the slot. That didn't help. The next day I proceeded to do these things, none of which had any success: roll back drivers, update drivers, uninstall and reinstall drivers, download the newest drivers, configure videocard settings, configure Halo PC video settings, and finally do a system restore. I also ran Memtest, but it said my RAM was fine. Just to make sure I removed each of my RAM sticks and loaded the game every time with different sticks in at different times. I also cleaned the videocard fan and heatsink fan, both of which were spinning as usual. It had to have been something that I did within the last two months, but I don't remember doing anything unusual. Sadly, none of these worked. Here are some pictures of the problem.

halo2005-05-0517-41-49-45.jpg

halo2005-05-0517-41-11-17.jpg

halo2005-05-0517-39-17-75.jpg

halo2005-05-0517-27-53-25.jpg

halo2005-05-0517-26-51-26.jpg

Here is a link to entire album of the pictures of the problem.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v260/FFX_Auron50/Videocard Problems/

It's an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. I have a 500 wat Antec power supply, 2.8 Gig, Intel motherboard, 1 gig of 333 mhz RAM, and a pretty good creative sound card. This problem was recent because I played Halo PC about two and a half months ago and it was running great. There could have been a driver installed before the system restore date, but I just wanted to know if I could try anything else before taking it in for professional help. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom