heatsink for prescott

Status
Not open for further replies.

xotix

Daemon Poster
dear gentle people,

question number 1. i need a heatsink and fan for my p4 3ghz prescott. something silent is definately a plus. the zalman that i heard is very good is incompatible with my motherboard.
i don't overclock, i just want a quiet (doesn't have to be silent) fan that will keep my processor very cool.

can you please make some recommendations??

question number 2. my mobo(msi) has a program called core centre which can adjust the speed of my fan. question is, will i still be able to use this program to modify my fan's speed??

question number 3. i know some of these fans come with a fan speed controller in the form of an expansion slot. are these worth looking at??

thank you.

Ohh nvm. I know that the stock HSF does not work very well for the 478 package. It only works well with the lga775. I would get a heatsink that is low rpm but is strong enough to cool. And i would get some AS5 to cool it down some more.

2. Yes, as long as your new fan is 3 pin and connected to the mobo
3. Not really, you probably want your CPU fan automatically adjusted (provided your temp probes work, unlike mone). Plus it is such an incerdible pain to reach behind the computer.

VIII read my first post, the zalman is incompatible with my board.

thanks digitaloracle, i had those same thoughts about going behind the pc myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom