Looking to buy a computer but don't know where to go????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I want to get a new computer but I am having a tough time deciding which one to get. I have certain specs that I need. I am planning on using it a lot for copying from vhs to dvd and making dvds. Not many if any have the ati all in wonder card. Should I just get a cheap graphics card and then upgrade or what? Also I want a dvd recorder that records -+r,-+rw to make sure all the formats are covered. Do any of you intelligent and up to date computer people know what I should do????????????????Thanks for your time.

when you go, don't just buy whatever product you see first even if it is a good brand, look around and find the lowest price for that product.
I got my Sony burner for $75 Aus$ when I could have gotten it for $85 - just little savings for the same computer and same products and brands

I understand what you are saying but I live in a rural area. I am not very close to that kind of stuff. I would have to get a lot of it over the internet. Is there anything else out there that just supplements a graphics card that you can hook up analog to. I think I have seen something but is it as good as say an ati all in wonder 9700pro? My main concern is to be able to hook up a vcr and record some old footage on to dvd. What kind of alternatives are there? Thanks.

do this, goto ur closes computer store
tell them what u need and what u want to do

let them give u computer specs
and a quote

come back here, write it up, and we will tell u if there ripping u off
this is a computer were' talking about, we dont want you to get "dell'd" and waste a ton of money for a piece of crap system :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom