Got a harddrive need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
ok i jsut got a hardrive and stuff i know how to conect it my question is will it detect and can i choose which hdd i want to use so i can put a OS on the other one or how does it work.

Boot up as usual, and check the BIOS to see if it got detected. After you see that it is detected, boot off of your other OS's CD, and install it on the new HD.

also if i wanted to do that would i be able to take taht hdd and put in a other computer and it will boot with the other OS. i just put in it.

Yeah, when you install an OS it will set itself up to work with your system, so it'll cause problems when moving it due to driver issues for new hardware, etc.

My dad had a systemax computer a while ago and it broke (not surprising) so we got a new motherboard and cpu but we kept the same hard drive with the windows orginally installed on the systemax. The only reason we didn't reinstall it is because windows xp came preinstalled and they didn't give us a cd (or my dad lost it) but everything worked but I think it runs slow. Also before we upgraded the motherboard and cpu we changed the video card from the pre-installed ATI radeon 7000 to a ATI radeon 9200 and all worked (even though I didn't use driver cleaner because I was younger and hadn't heard of it yet). So it is possible to use a windows xp installed hard drive in another although it is definetly not recemmended. That is just my 5 cents ;)

From,
Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom