Windows freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ftrunks57

Solid State Member
I've got a guy who is using a dell latitude d505 with integrated wireless. His laptop is freezing up occasionally. It seems to happen when he gets a call on his 2.4GHz telephone. Not just wireless interference with his access point but the system freezes and cannot even shutdown. Only way to reboot is to remove the battery. Any ideas.

i'd first try to confirm that its the telephone that's cause the laptop to freeze. Take the laptop away from the phone and run it for an extended period of time, over night should be good.

I'm not absolutely positive that it is the phone that's causing the problem. It just the last couple of time the laptop froze, the phone was ringing. Also, it does not freeze while it is in our work building using our wireless. Only in the home with a 2.4GHz telephone.

I have done channel changing and that only affects the amount of interference to the access point. However, the freezing still occurs even without a wireless access point available. So if you take away the wireless router, still freezing. I'm trying to avoid a reinstallation of OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom